Thursday, January 5, 2012

Bat Signal Up: Farm Subsidy Information Needed

I had a request from a friend that I am going to send to you, Internet denizens. I think her basic take on the topic is sound, but I know much more about Canadian agriculture than American, so I can't help her much. Here it is: 
What would your #1 recommendation be for a book or article about farm subsidies?  I guess generally I'm interested in how they destroy both the economies and national production of small poor countries (e.g. Haiti) as well as actual small family farms in North America (while all the while coughing up rhetoric about "helping family-owned  farms").  Anything that also talks about the relationship to food aid (big sacks o' cheap American rice) would be great.
 Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment